Trouble Shooting Residential Fridge

Have a question about your Creek or your generators, refrigerators and other related electrical/mechanical questions? This is the place to ask.

Moderators: Executive Board, Regional Directors, Past Presidents

Trouble Shooting Residential Fridge

Postby ionasilverback » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Since we are the second owners on our 2016 Silverback I have been chasing minor issues with the trailef since we got it home. The residential fridge would not keep food cold, lucky to have it above mid forties and usually in the high forties. Finally identified the fan in the freezer was not working so I called my favorite home appliance repairman for a service call. He got the fan to work but we are ordering a new fan because I do not trust the old one....it failed me once. With the old fan working the fridge temp is 30 to 34 degrees and the freezer is holding below zero degrees. I will have him check everything for proper settings when he installs the new fan next week but for now we are "chillin".
While waiting for the fridge to cool down I pulled the A /C vent covers and cases and wrapped the vent openings with AC/heat aluminum tape. The gaps between the ceiling panel and the AC duct were over an inch wide and I am sure I was losing lots of cool air into the ceiling void. I also trimmed the vent casings to level them out at the bottom of the duct, they protruded about an inch into the duct and probably diverted some cold air past the vent. Also the fireplace has a rattle when the fan is on so I gently removed the foam rock fascia around the fireplace and pulled out the fireplace. Had to remove the back fireplace panel and wrap and secure the wires on the top of the fireplace that appeared to be the cause of the rattle noise. While I had the fireplace out I noticed extra large holes had been cut into the wall for three separate sets of wires going who knows where. I closed the extra hole areas with some insulation and put everything back. A good day with some success in reducing my list of projects of the issues we have come across that we want to change.
Dave and Angie Huntsman
2016 CC Silverback 33IK
2002 Duramax 2500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab
ionasilverback

Re: Trouble Shooting Residential Fridge

Postby RamblinReck » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:20 pm

Sounds like the "elephant" is a couple of "bites" lighter !
George and Ann Marie

2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, W&D, 640w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler, SeeLevel Tank Monitor
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB ,4x4,3:73, Garmin 760 RV, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Sleek 4g, Garmin Dash Camera
RamblinReck
Region 3 Director

Return to Tech Issues