Moved Ceiling Light Switches

Post your MODS here! We have some very talented members who like to share their mod know-how. Put your ideas here, do some mod brainstorming here, ask questions, take advantage of others ideas, and share yours!!!

Moderator: Executive Board

Moved Ceiling Light Switches

Postby RTSTRT » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Moved the ceiling light switches from out of the cabinet in hall to wall by the thermostat. Was tired of opening and closing door to turn on & off lights :D
Randy
Attachments
IMG_20171012_120955699_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171012_121542599.jpg
Randy & Sallie Truitt
Wichita, KS
2016 Silverback 29RE
RTSTRT

Re: Moved Ceiling Light Switches

Postby sody » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Looks like a good move. Who in their right mind would think you would want to open a door each time you wanted to turn on or off a light switch. I guess they wanted your wall to look uncluttered. :lol:
On a similar note, I want to separate the reading lights in the back over our chairs. Right now if you switch on the light both lights come one. Needless to say hubby is not much into reading, he would rather watch the telly. But so far I haven't tackled the project to see what I would need to do to put in a separate switch for his light. It probably wouldn't be that difficult but I haven't found my round tuit.
John & Laverne Soetebier
2013 30RL, 2010 Chevy 2500HD, Duramax/Allison
Americus, KS
sody
President

Postby BandJCarm » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm

sody wrote:Looks like a good move. Who in their right mind would think you would want to open a door each time you wanted to turn on or off a light switch. I guess they wanted your wall to look uncluttered. :lol:
On a similar note, I want to separate the reading lights in the back over our chairs. Right now if you switch on the light both lights come one. Needless to say hubby is not much into reading, he would rather watch the telly. But so far I haven't tackled the project to see what I would need to do to put in a separate switch for his light. It probably wouldn't be that difficult but I haven't found my round tuit.

Maybe change his light to one with a pull chain. Then it'd come 'on' when you hit switch, but it'd be 'off' if his chain was 'off'. Then he could pull switch anytime he wanted it 'on'.
Bill and Jeannie
Central Arkansas
2016 GMC Denali 3500 Dually
2017 CC 36CKTS

BandJCarm
1K posting member

Postby ionasilverback » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:53 pm

I thought the placement for the light switches in the cabinet was very short-sighted and have considered moving the switches as well. I bought a small LED battery powered motion activated on/off function light bar and mounted it in the cabinet so I could see the switches to turn on when we come in after dark and forget to leave a night light on. Thanks for posting your project and now I have something else to work on this winter in AZ. Also would like to separate the reading lights.
Attachments
Screenshot_20171012-212402.png
Dave and Angie Huntsman
2016 CC Silverback 33IK
2002 Duramax 2500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab SWB
Andersen Hitch, TST Tire Monitors , Titan 52 Gal Fuel Tank
ionasilverback

Return to Mods You have made.